Uncrackable network? - I think not!

Started by Cobra, November 18, 2002, 05:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is that just the worst thing someone can say. "It is uncrackable"

Well folks have a read about the new Quantum Encryption and the new networks they are putting live online in early 2003.

I think there will be a few kids lined up around the block to have a crack at those mofo's ... pfft, uncrackable indeed. They really do play the general public as fools don't they.

Link is: http://www.eetimes.com/at/news/OEG20021111S0036
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

November 18, 2002, 08:55:06 PM #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 08:55:32 PM by Tazinator
Goes in line with the old saying...

QuoteAnything made by man, can be beaten by man.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

They always say that kind of crap...then they get hacked...just accept it. You cant stop anybody from doing anything...especially hackers.

Yeah.. but you really have to give it up to the engineers developing this.
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

Oh I do Uneek! .. But you are suppose to leave it up to the hackers, crackers, auditors, end users, admins etc etc . to say if a development is good. That way if your idea gets cracked within 5 seconds of launch, then you don't look like a prick with his dick in a bee hive. Because you never said it was uncrackable.

But as soon as you start blowing your own brass bits about how good a design it is, how uncrackable the network will be etc etc.. You are just asking for trouble. And anybody that has been in the industry long enough to develop something like this. Should have the brains and copon not to start strutting their stuff.

I am watching this one closely.

QuoteBut you are suppose to leave it up to the hackers, crackers, auditors, end users, admins etc etc . to say if a development is good. That way if your idea gets cracked within 5 seconds of launch, then you don't look like a prick with his dick in a bee hive. Because you never said it was uncrackable.

I am reminded of the pre-release of Windows 2000 Server. Hehe. I dont think I have to say more on that one. ;)
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

=)

er.. yah... but uhm... We're talking apples and oranges kinda... after all... who really takes anything seriously relating to security if it comes from Microsoft... hehe

I agree that they shouldn't be tootin' their own horns about their product... that's for other field experts to determine. We'll just have to wait and see.
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

Quote from: Zerored on November 20, 2002, 03:27:54 PM
They always say that kind of crap...then they get hacked...just accept it. You cant stop anybody from doing anything...especially hackers.

Heh.. yep. Kind of like Argus, which I made a post about.. and obviously, Hex was right to begin with some years ago. Don't boast or you might very well get into trouble. Far as I'm concerned, Argus is a fraud.. arrogant ones at that.

Ah well, what can you expect (and also not expect) from the corporate world ?

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk