Windows Live Beta

Started by benthehutt, June 28, 2006, 11:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not sure you've all heard the news, but check out www.live.com.  It's Microsoft's answer to google and I didn't think I'd be saying this but it's not too shabby.  It's actually pretty cool, especially the image searches.  Some of the Ideas betas don't quite work yet, but I'm going to try it out for awhile--see what I think.  It's google-fast too.  ;D
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the image search as well. I like the layout a lot more than google's image search. It just seems more user friendly. Still I'm reserving judgement on the whole thing till I have more time to play with it. Seems cool though, thanks benny!
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

Some of it's a bit slow, and it doesn't return as many results as google, but it is a beta, so I assume once it's a stable release they'll do a better job.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

yeah its sort of slow. But i dunno, i dont know if i like the idea of MS into everything..but u all know where im going with this..

I figured I'd reply to a few posts while being here!

I don't actually use Live except in IE (so basically very rarely - pretty much only when I need to test IE compatibility as its 'standard' is worse than the others ... like opacity requiring a layout in order for it to work right. Ugh!).

But, on the note of the error: Since I don't use it, I can't recommend much, but have you tried clearing login info (session) and cache ?

Of course, I just realized you're using a program, haha. I was thinking you're referring to the website version. All I can say then, is: beta is always gonna have issues ... probably not too helpful, but maybe someone can help you out if you can get it to work (that is, not work) ..

And on that note, this reminds me of a time where I had to fix a mouse that supposedly didn't work but only happened when I wasn't there. And I think it was that same year (hmm, 1998 - 1999 ? around the time HFX was at excite if anyone remembers those days, haha! - Zero will.. Cobra will. obviously taz would.. don't know who else.. godaigo maybe ? can't remember when he joined in!). Anyway, as my current email quote says (something I said about 10-11 years ago I guess): "The problem is that which is between the keyboard and chair." And ya know, 95%+ of time, it's true!

Anyway, hope it's sorted out soon! Beta can be fun, but also very annoying (then again, so cany any software ...)

Metty

And note to self: it's a good thing I copy/pasted the text I wrote first, since I didn't expect to be on past 15 min, and I thusly logged on for 15 min only ...
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk