HFX Distributed Computing Team

Started by Syxx, March 19, 2003, 04:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I normally like to have some sort of distributed computing client running on my boxes rather then letting all those cpu cycle go to waste idling. I am sure atleast some other people here do the same.

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in starting a HFX International team on one of the projects currently running. RC5-72 Cracking? folding@home? genome@home? something like that.

Let me know if anyone is interested, and what project most people would want to do, there has gotta be alot of cpu power between the group of us on the board here.

Syxx
syxx@hfactorx.org

Yeah, I don't mind doing something like that. Wouldn't mind getting me mits into the X-Box encryption one.

I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

I'm down... I have several boxen here on my network at home that I can lend cycles to... let me know...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

I'd be up for that, although I need to work on my follow throught for HFX.... Sorry about the X-zine article Metty.... still working on it.
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

as far as the xzine, ive finally got a lull during this storm metty, so im at it now.

X-Zine Article -
"Notes from the Mad NetAdmin"

Things to do to the helpdesk staff when they piss me off:

1. Set the duplex for their switchports to 100/half so they time-out on data xfers.
2. Add a key in their registry to log them out as soon as they login
3. Block their NIC's mac-address from sending frame across the switch
4. Use the at command to reboot their box every 5 minutes
5. Remove their user accounts ability to logon locally to their machines
6. Set them to their own VLAN and redirect all their traffic to an invalid network
ETc, Etc, etc....

Help Desk should be more nice to people who they come to for help...

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk