Designating Ports

Started by Cyrax, March 08, 2005, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm currently running telnet V 1.0, and I'm just looking for a way to specify a port to connect to. I run a small PNphpBB2 forum, much like this one, and a 'rival' site has been causing me grief. First it was a DB crash, something that I've need happen on it's own. I guess thats what I get for running a windows server with no firewall.

It's currently running on a Linux, but the progammers of this other site have been spamming mine. I was just looking for a quick, and relatively painless source of retaliation, just as a form of a warning. Something like a Denial of Service attack. If anyone could give me a hand, that would be great.

Thanks

On a command line you could just do

telnet <server> <port>

I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

It doesn't recognize those commands. Besides telnet, is there anyway I could get back at these bastards? They're now attacking the pc's of the registered members.

Well for starters, attacking others is not going to make them stop attacking. As for the member's PC's, I'd suggest you do not log ip addresses (for non admins that is). Here we have it so that only the admins (maybe moderators -- not sure) can see the IP of the posters (or I misunderstood your question).

What I always find nice, is to make their attacks back fire.  Of course, how to do that depends on what kind of system you have and what they are doing.

Either way, if you want to attack them, you'll probably just make things worse than they are. Maybe you should report these people (to their ISP abuse department for example).

Because let's face it.. if someone attacks you, and you get revenge, most people that attack for no reason, will just get nastier (i.e., prove themselves, make them feel powerful when they're just pathetic).

But if you want to attack them, there are loads of exploits about. You will have to search for them though, but just remember the implications.

Btw, might help if you elaborated more on what they are doing as in to see if anyone can help you.

Just some thoughts anyway.
"My Terminal is my Soul"

The logs show huge conections from IPs resolving to IPs of people who have been posting on my forums. Right now, they're flooding my server, which at this point in production, ir running really slow because I'm running the GUI to fix problems.

I'm not sure if what they're doing is illegal or not. This is their connection Info:

IP Address: 209.148.221.118

OrgName:    CallNet Enterprises Inc.
OrgID:      CNE
Address:    2235 Sheppard Ave. East
Address:    Suite 600
City:       Toronto
StateProv:  ON
PostalCode: M2J-5B5

NetRange:   209.148.128.0 - 209.148.255.255
CIDR:       209.148.128.0/17
NetName:    CALLNET-CIDR-2
NetHandle:  NET-209-148-128-0-1
Parent:     NET-209-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.SPRINT-CANADA.NET
NameServer: NS2.SPRINT-CANADA.NET
Comment:    ADDRESSES FROM THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate:    1997-12-19
Updated:    2002-11-08

It's obviously amature,  but still highly fucking annoying. Is what they're going illegal? Or am I just plain fucked?

Uhm... what EXACTLY ARE they doing???
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

Pinging my site and overloading my server. They've used a Denial of Service attack tool. I'm pretty sure thats illegal..?

Just have your server drop ANY connection attempts from those IP addresses.

Just read the DoS tool post..

are they doing that from the IP you posted? Would be a bit stupid if they are.

However .. If you reported that to their ISP provider, they would be in a WORLD of shit .. haha .. and could be more entertaining that attacking back.

For now i suggest for you to have all connection attempts from that IP dropped .. and then PHONE the ISP that provides there line and report them .. be sure to do it by phone.

they will be in nice shit :) Har Har har! ..

Workin da system .. alllllll right!

I've put in a complaint with their abuse handle. Unlikly they will do anything though. This site provides too much exposure, to much advertisement. This site has over 15,000 members, and growing daily. It's a fucking cash crop to Sprint. They won't do shit to help me.

March 10, 2005, 08:30:44 PM #10 Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:31:35 PM by Tazinator
Eh, it may be something that brings in money, but I am pretty sure the admin of the rival site isnt doing the things against yours from the server IP, if they are, thier morons. Legally Sprint has to do something, because if they ignore you and you show proof, such as logs, you need proof, then they can be in a world of hell. DoS'ing is illegal and if another business is doing it, its called unfair and unethical business practices which brings on even more hell for them if they are a legit business in any way.

If it werent illegal to play that game, you would see instances of Microsoft DoS'ing competitors and vice versa.

The server you run, do you have access to the raw web logs or no?
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

March 11, 2005, 08:23:55 PM #11 Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 08:28:18 PM by Cyrax
Techniqually, I'm not running a business. And unless I can prove substaintal finantial losses or other situations in need of compensation, I'm shit out of luck. Thats what their Abuse Handle at Sprint Told me.

My host has access to the weblogs, and I've already taken a look at them. They're masking their Ip with Proxy servers. I can't nail them with it.

To start with Mr "Abuse Handle" @ Sprint is talking bollox..

DoS'ing regardless of financial lose or not is illegal, and if the ISP that is proving your attack with there line does nothing about it. Then they are in a world of shit.

In the mean time i would start tracing down yer attacker and get back on to Sprint.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk