Can you hack with telnet

Started by Dean, September 25, 2004, 08:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It KEEPS ON SAYING "Not A Sever"

........is there anything like IP hacking because i know sooo much more about that (sorry for all of this)

Err.. what says it isn't a server and when does it say it ?

Gotta go.. will answer tomorrow.. it's rather late

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Well sometimes "conectsion timed out"

I'm a bit lost here. Dean man.. give us as much info as you can on what you are trying to do.
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

ok well i still don't think i got this sever down  :-\  but is a sever like a.......i down know a website?
if you could like instead of examples can you give me a REAL sever name like the thing i would type in when i click on that program?

or like tell me what you would do step by step

......or what do you hack with?
like what stuff!!

Haha...

Okay .. lets take google.com for example.

if you go to a DOS prompt and do

ping www.google.com

You will see an IP address getting returned. That is the Public address for the webserver that holds that part of the google.com website.

google.com = 64.233.167.99

So then if you were to do a port scan on that IP address you will probably find loads of services open that will confirm it is a Web Server.

Ya with me now?

yea i get it now but can you tell me where i could get a port scanner?

Try nmap for example ...

http://www.insecure.org/nmap

"My Terminal is my Soul"

ok look like can you tell me what to type in for the website (like what YOU would type in for the viewer program)

October 01, 2004, 04:43:59 PM #25 Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 04:44:45 PM by Dean
im really sorry im making you  >:( mad

Come on man.. We have been helping ya out quite a bit. You'll need to put some effort in yourself.

Quote from: Cobra on October 01, 2004, 04:44:54 PM
Come on man.. We have been helping ya out quite a bit. You'll need to put some effort in yourself.
i know! but i still dont know what a sever name is like is it a website something like that. it might just be my computer thats not working. but what would you guys type in!

i guess i really dont understand this! just forget it i guess

That question was already answered ... you know, the first answer to this question ...

One more time :

a server name is an intangable thing. It's notlike "well this name looks like a server name so it must be a server"

It's not the name that makes a server, it's the actual machine/software!

Some advice... and dont' take this the wrong way.. not trying to be mean or anything... but this is how you learn in this world.. so...

Show you've done research! And show that you're really trying. I mean _really_ trying. You might actually get a lot more out of it, not only from others but yourself. If you look at the other posts, you'll see people have, for example, shown code they're working on and we help them redesign it to do something.. etc..

It seems to me you just want a step by step guide of how to hack a server ... the reality is, as I pointed out earlier on : it's not a magic trick! It depends on each server and there is no such thing as a step by step 'tutorial'.

You MUST do a lot of research. And I mean a _LOT_.
And you MUST take time. A _LOT_ of time. Etc.

As The Mentor once said .. you can read all the files you want .. but until you actually do something ... you'll be a neophyte.

That's good advice for anything in this world. Learning is a long process that looks like this :

1. Read and study.
2. Experiment.
3. Start over

Oh well.. hopefully you get the idea ...

Met

"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk