Linux

Started by Phlux, February 24, 2005, 01:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for the update Taz. I went and looked at their website again, but I haven't had any time to get into a new distro right away. The heads up on the 64-bit is also appreciated. Does the 32-bit run correctly? It seems like it just wouldn't use the processor to its full advantage, but should run fine otherwise? Does that sound right? Has anyone played with the 64-bit flavors of BSD? I downloaded them, but have been a bit hesitant to jump in to date. Cheers....
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

We've messed with trying to install SLES9 and FreeBSD 64Bit versions on Opterons and always end up reverting to 32Bit unfortunately... I have to agree with Taz as far as support for apps and such being a serious thorn in the side...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

I prefer Windows 95. I suggest that to everyone....

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

Im gonna have to go with Windows for Workgroups. 95 is too flashy for my taste.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

i havent touched *nix in over a year. Thanx to uncle sam and the fact that theres ALOT of winxp boxes. Also, my job is for like computers for the military, well LAN administration and the like. thing is, most of the REAL jobs are all going to civillians. High level networking, routers, servers and all. So, i made a good choice.

FreeBSD:

Ports, Security, Speed, Easy to use, and STILL NOT COMMERCIAL. F*ck Linux.
F*ck Windows.
F*ck Ma...wait a minute.....

Take a look through the credits for Mac and Windows....you'll noticed more and more FreeBSD then you knew.

Don't believe me? Windows has to give credit for what it steals....

You'd be suprised.

Oh, and I could use any OS. It just depends on the objective.

Thanks,

Will
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk