Red Hat is the Devil in disguise, thats why the guys hat is red...

Started by Tazinator, June 23, 2004, 01:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Urghh. Okay. I just spent about 2 weeks prepping 32 servers in a Quest Datacenter with Red Hat AS 2.1 and 3.0. Holy crap do I hate Red Hat even more so then I did before.

Never in my life have I had to reboot (yes thats right, I said reboot. As in a complete OS restart...) linux so much. Every little damn adjustment I made wouldnt take effect with a simple restart of the dependant services. Nope, not at all. Only a hot restart would do it.

Can someone tell me when Red Hat got to be so much like Windows used to be? The two OS's seem to be flipping features. You reboot Windows less now these days but Red Hat Linux more...hmmmm...

Ironically enough, I bet Lindows ...ahem... I mean Linspire, excuse me, probably needs to be rebooted less than Red Hat.

Of course a lot more things occured with RH AS(s) which has swayed me to the anti-RH side. Ive not used Fedora, but this whole experience doesnt make we want to really.

SuSE all the way for me. That or gimme a good BSD like Open, Free or Net.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

nice subject title

the devil in disguise, that's why his hat is red.. haha

I don't even want to know more ... I love my BSD. It works for me and that's what matters.

Although, I hear Fedora isn't too bad.

Ah well..

Met

"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk