Angry Kuwaiti hacker launches cyber attack

Started by Metgod, December 22, 2002, 01:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Computer gang ? Sounds like something from Carolyn P. Meinel.. especially about Attrition. Bad enough the media and gov't and bystanders say that hackers are criminal (though this incident most certainly is criminal), evil.. malicious, etc. Now (possibly, hard to tell when someone from the media wrote it) we have a group of 'hackers' calling themself a gang... Sad that a gang can't be a good thing today, in most people's eyes (like it was decades ago). But these kids are tainting the name of hacker... And this was a truly childish attack. Hero my ass. Hailed ? Jesus.. scary how ignorant some people are.

What's also funny is that a lot of these so called hackers probably don't even know of Phrack or 2600 or any old groups/mags.. And we don't know of them either. Would anyone in the digital underground know of gH if they weren't talked about so much ? Ok, some might... but not for incredible skills. They were pathetic and I am *VERY* glad they were raided. If only the gov't could have made a goat out of them instead of Mitnick (who at least didn't deface sites) I know someone (who dates a girl who wrote mass-mailing worms among other annoying and lame stuff -- sorry Gigabyte.. [hey Neek or anyone else, does that name ring a bell ?] it's true) who thinks he is a hacker... and yet.. he was practically begging for someone (who is a much better coder by far) to help him get a CD-ROM drive working in MS-DOS (will have to pull out the log some time). Hacker what ? Of course, he also said he was friends with most hated (the one who started gH) and said that many knowledgeable people were in gH.. he also defaced sites.. We know the truth though. The guy goes by the handle of nostalg1c or so.. can't remember how he spelled it.

Comments on the article, the kid involved (or his group) or anything from what I said above ?

Met

http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/international.cfm?id=1387132002

JACK FAIRWEATHER IN KUWAIT CITY
14 December 2002

A YOUNG Kuwaiti computer hacker was being hailed yesterday as a hero
for causing the collapse of the Iraqi information ministry web site
after loading it with viruses

The hacker, 19, known by his computer name of Koko, launched his cyber
attack after becoming incensed by a speech by Saddam Hussein last
weekend in which the Iraqi leader offered an "apology" for the 1990
invasion of Kuwait.

Speaking to a local Kuwaiti newspaper, Koko said: "I did it because
what Saddam said was lies and someone had to show that Kuwait was not
going to put up with his threats any more.

"I'm not a hero, I just wanted to defend my country," he added.

Koko's conversion to the defence of his country also represents
something of a public relations coup in the battle against cyber
terrorism.

He had been part of a disparate gang of computer hackers involved in
acts of sabotage against Israeli government web sites and various US
and British business interests

"We're very proud of him," a gang member said.

"My Terminal is my Soul"

Corny...cybergang...cmon... hehehe. And dont EVEN get me started on them attacking US web pages! Like what? Yahoo??? Come on! Some seem to thrive off destruction. Those are like locust, which destroy everything they touch. And it is they that are useless on this planet.

Yep.. it is absurd.

Attrition has been accused of being a hacker gang by CPM ever since it was started in (I think) 1999. Before Attrition there was another site owned by Brian Martin. That also had the Hall of Shame that is on Attrition today. But of course, it was not as long for it was much earlier.

But yeah, this group of pathetic kids in this article.. really is sad. The society, the gov't, the media... they will never learn. It IS about sensationalism too. Hence all the drama and the wording. Then there is distorting/twisting words of others for profit. Another institution that is corrupt sad to say.

They will never learn I'm afraid and I've just given up trying to inform people; it will only cause more problems and will make them question you in different ways. So fuck it. They can believe whatever the hell they want. It is not worth it anymore. What does everyone else here think ? Fighting the media and gov't and society in general is just helpless. Won't get anywhere. So I gave up.

The kid in this article is a moron and so are the people who thinks anything good of him and so is the moron who wrote the article and gave the kid fame he did not deserve. I do believe that fame is a strong motive these days; kids wanting their 15 minutes of fame by DESTROYING others property. No better than street gangs doing graffiti. Jerks.

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk