Started by wilnix, March 04, 2002, 05:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :D OpenVMS ROX!!!

Uneek, get that Vax setup yet???

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

hell yes OpenVMS rocks !!!
"My Terminal is my Soul"

You mean on my home network? Not yet... haven't had time to do so. Soon though... I'm actually hoping to have a Vax setup to take to DefCon... I'll keep you all posted!

By the way... I'm getting ready to update MultiNet on the cluster at work... ugh!
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

Yeah, I may go there to relieve some of that headache, since I did it last time. I may be able to save you from the pains I went through...

Wilnix

It should be pretty straight forward this time... (hopes) I might just go ahead and migrate all of the remaining web services from VMS to BSD while I'm at it. That should be a fun project. We just finished installing VMS on another Alpha, (Wil: you'll remember which Alpha), to use as a backup database server on our cluster.

yeah, that was fun (not). If I was you, I would DEFINATELY switch DNS over to BSD. That way the secondary can talk to the primary. VMS and BSD services are different and don't allow for a secondary server, either way...

Wilnix

hehehe... yeah... I remember when we learned that little lesson!

"Fuck it... let's add a BSD DNS server!"

a little later...

"Shit!!! All our NS services are down!!! Hrmmm.. so much for BSD synching with VMS... oh well!"

That's in the works actually, a complete switchover... but can't do that just yet cause of our mail gateway and other DEC dependent services. We should be revamping that too soon though.  I'll keep ya posted!

Great! Let me know if you need anything (You probably don't). I don't mind helping out!!!

Wilnix

Well, we always seem to get projects like this done faster when we work together on them. Splitting up tasks makes things go by quicker. I might just take you up on that offer when the time comes...

ahhh

DNS and NS's.. one of my favorite things to play with.... :)

great to track people down too.... hehe
I'd help if I lived down there in Arizona.. hehe oh well...
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Wouldn't that be cool?!?

Wilnix

heheh yah !!!
"My Terminal is my Soul"

My uncle wants me to work as a System 390 3rd Level Engineer for IBM. Anyone used it before? The pay is amazing, a lot of C programming involved at that level.

Wilnix

pasteboardid,helplineid,keyid,titleid,virtualcnt

ok. here goes

doing a vax to alpha conversion

can't find the above files anywhere

could be .c or .mar or even .h for all i know !!!

anyone seen my missing files? help

reply to

tutor AT cfl DOT rr DOT com

thank you!

Ugh...

What you are looking for is murder on time. How about a fresh start approach? You have the software, correct?

Thanks,

Wilnix

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk