new to it all

Started by heartless, February 09, 2002, 04:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 ??? hi guys i ve had my pc for years now and i ve allways wanted to do this kinda stuff with it only i dont know where to start..can any of you guys help :D heartless

Well first of all... what kind of stuff are you trying to do exactly?  **prays he doesn't say hack hotmail**

;)~

Uneek
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

You know I had typed a long assed post to both this and the previous one about Internet Protocols above. But now I know why I stopped posting. I just can't be arsed. haha.

Okay perhaps I shouldn't have said that out as loud as I did. So sue me. Anyway, What is it that takes your fancy heartless. If you are reffering to Illegal Penetration of a Network (Otherwise known to people as Cracking". Then I would suggest another career path, It is more hassle than it is worth. But if you are just interested in what goes on, and learn a little bit more about a specific subject then by all means, post what you are interested in knowing, and one of us would be glad to help.

Cobra.
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

hi guys
i am new to it all and i want to learn every think but i dont know where to start ...i dont have time to learn c++ or java but if any one can start me off i am sure i will be well on the way ...i ve have pcs for 10 + years now and have built many and solved the basic pc probs my self only i need to learn the kinda things that you guys know...if you dont want to learn me cracking thats ok learn me something else....awaiting your repley ....heartless

I'd suggest learning the basics of computer Operating Systems (OS)

Some are:

DOS/Windows (all versions that you can get your hands on...)
Linux (red hat, mandrake, slackware, debian, etc.)
UNIX (SunOS/Solaris, AIX, *BSD, etc.)

Learn the basics of those that appeal to you, and try experimenting...
Try to change commands and modify them to what may do something..
For instance:

cd ..

from the /bin directory) is the same as...

cd /

Well they aren't the same, do not mean the same, but the result -- in this case --
is the same.

Try learning the OSI model, TCP/IP, basics of hacking, history, etc.

Remember, this is in your own pace. I could say more that would help
but I'm working on some HFX projects as we speak...

let me know if you have any questions...

"My Terminal is my Soul"

First off, it really sucks having to re-regiser...I got all the way back to the EXCITE DAYZ MAN (my rookie year) !!!!!!! Cut me some slack please!! I know its been a minute but geeze!!!
Heh, anyway what up allz. Is funny that everyones back...cause so am i!! So, now the newbie stuff, well, heartless, listen listen listen, but what exactly are you interested in? other than that, everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head...hey...he didnt ask about hacking email accounts......woah....

heartless:

Spend sometime to understand that there are so many areas to cover and to learn and then pick from one subject and start there.For example:

Programming -

High Level: C, C++, Perl, VB, VC++, VFP, Java
Low Level: ASM
WebBased: PHP, ASP, Javascript, HTML, Perl/CGI, C/CGI, etc

Networking:

Routing, Switching, etc
Unix network services, NT Domains, Netware, etc.

Anyways, The list could go on for days. You need to pick something of interest and start there.

Good Luck,

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

one thing thats kinda cool is disassembling files. also if you go to the search page on hfx you can find a lot of docs on hacking stuff. as far as what the spooky admin people do on hfx, from looking around, i would say talk on message boards, act secretive, and don't really do anything, cuz there's nothing worth doing anymore. (p.s. if you find any files that you think would be fun to try cracking, tell me, and i'll try to help you with 'em.)

well I do a lot for HFX (why I'm a top guy in it..) and am respected throughout HFX...
My biggest project is X-Zine but I've been 'busy' muddin like always so haven't worked
on it as much as I could.. uh.. I will say that when it's released it'll be excellent.. just
I don't have as much ambition as I once did :/ -- illness does that to people and so
does watching the scene deteriorate and so does knowing a damn lot... blah, I'm just
blabbering.. oo
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Catfish:

You don't have a clue what anyone in HFX does so don't start assuming what happens around here. Maybe you could use a little humbling of your own. You can either be constructive or be axed...I won't put up with crap like that from you again.

>:( Wilnix

damn straight !

"My Terminal is my Soul"

whoa... didn't mean to step on anyone's feet, and i can tell that your working your ass off on the site, just by looking at it, but i was mostly referring to the fact that i havn't seen any doc's written by you. nor have i seen your name anywhere off this site. also, i didn't mean to make it sound like i was any better than you. anyways, i appologize profusely for any feelings i may have hurt.

catfish.

haven't seen anything written by us ?
Well, you look *extremely* hard ....

In fact, if I didn't MUD so much I'd have some more excellent stuff out ...
but it'll be out in due time ....
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Not everyone displays their work to the public. It's not always the best idea.

...Just food for thought.

Wilnix

yeah, and most of us have a history ... the underground of the past..
we've watched it decay and it's quite sad.. today I was thinking of Hacking Wiz and
how he was gonna add me to his bbs before his death.. (in whatever way you preceive that)
I also had The Mentor  mentioned to me.. and writing about this I just thought
of Optiklenz ... good guys they were..

but besides that, I was in another group... and I've been in zines, but honestly
I don't do a shit load of work outside.. I don't have the time, energy, or motivation I
once had (illness sucks...)

but that's the truth.. a lot of people know me...I'm also known in other scenes..

Oh, and a bunch of lamers know me ... oh do I enjoy bothering them (or maybe the other
way around heheheh) ...

blah, enough

oo
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk