Book for network prgramming

Started by karma, March 03, 2004, 09:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
wilnix: That's because python is easiest language one can pick. It takes care of all the details. The downside is that you don't learn real network programming with it. To really learn about networking you need to program it in C. It is quite hard to write a highly robust network program in C, if you want for example to handle many connections simultaneously.

He already knows networking .... no need to relearn something he already knows damn well. Probably another reason he was able to pick it up easily.

"My Terminal is my Soul"

... but the guy karma - who started this thread - obviously isn't. So i wouldn't suggest learning network programming using python to someone who is interested in network programming for the reasons i have given in my former post.

True enough. :)

"My Terminal is my Soul"

I understand the situation, and that is why I chose Python for him. It is an easy way for him to grasp the basics first. Then he can dive into real sockets, services, etc...

I did not read every post to this thread, but having him jump into C, C++, or Perl may be a bit overwhelming for him...

I hope this helps,

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

If you want this book in electronic version, pm me.  :-X

which book ? Stevens ?

Would love that book if that's what you're referring to... I have it in hard copy but it's often useful to have the books in digital format...

Please let me know :)
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk