Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Lets Introduce ourselfs Ne...
Last post by Allie - November 17, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
Hi,
my name is Allie.  I just started a Computer Security program in September and this seemed like a helpful forum to start learning more about that sort of stuff.  I know some basics about networking, some computer programming languages (c and c#), and I'm alright with HTML too; I figured I'd like to meet people who probably know these things in case I'm stuck on something, have random questions, or want to get a head start.  :)

Oh, also, when I was registering I was having a problem.  It kept telling me one of my verification questions were wrong.  Apparently the problem was that I was writing that the current year was 2010 when it wanted me to say it was 2009.  Just a heads up for admins.
General Discussion / Re: What happened here?
Last post by M1R0 - May 23, 2010, 08:38:06 AM
A dead website always makes me sad.  :'(
Web Languages / Re: how can I send images to a...
Last post by wilnix - January 07, 2010, 02:27:34 PM
The problem you are having is that you have to change the headers in order to prepare to send the image along with the rest of the message. Take a look at this (and 10K other results from google) for example code (no reason recreating the wheel):

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189027

wilnix
Programming Discussion / Re: Can anyone tell me the ben...
Last post by wilnix - January 07, 2010, 02:24:30 PM
PHP is the VB of web programming. It's easy, allows for NUMEROUS programming mistakes, and can be learned "on the go." Oh, and because this statement is true:

* > java

it is better then java (because ANYTHING is better then java).

wilnix
Programming Discussion / Re: Best html editor
Last post by wilnix - January 07, 2010, 02:22:15 PM
Dreamweaver, textpad, textedit, vi, nedit...

It is HTML, there isn't much to it unless you are creating a fully function application behind it with a programming language or using some type of CVS.

wilnix
C/C++ / Re: C projects
Last post by wilnix - January 07, 2010, 02:17:17 PM
I just created a fully functioning webserver (text, html, gif, jpg, and png supported) with perl cgi support in C as a school project. It is far from perfect, but everything is functional. If there is an interest for it, I will post the files somehow. C is a frustrating language to use after writing in C++ for awhile.

wilnix
General Discussion / Re: neat and orginal
Last post by theonewhotried - December 27, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
@metty

could we get a couple of picts on the case? would love to see them
Cell Phones / Re: Changing IMEI Number
Last post by mrmk8886 - December 21, 2009, 11:07:59 PM
please register my imei no. 330803662025210  new imei no  353937/01/036374/1
Programming Discussion / Best html editor
Last post by harsa - December 10, 2009, 01:17:25 AM
For me Dreamweaver is the best due to it's following features:

1) The Code Inspector

The Code inspeector did not seem that useful when I first started working with Dreamweaver. Dreamwevaer has 3 different modes after all, the code view, design view and design and code view. It took me a few months to discover the need for an additional code window when moving code around. Press F10 on the keyboard to access the code inspector.

2) Results Window

The Results Window has several extra features like the obvious search result window. It also has a validation checker, a target browser check, link checker (for external links), a workflow and HTML reports, FTP Log (where you can type in FTP commands) and a server debugger. These features come in handy when working in large groups, or getting control of a website from a client.

3) Templates and Nested Templates

My Absolute favorite feature in Dreamweaver is the Templates feature. This allows you to create a template of the site, and make pages from those templates. Sure people have been been doing this for some time, but where else can you make a change to your template and have it applied across your website. Also include in Dreamweaver MX is the Nested Templates feature, which is handy when you're creating a pretty good sized site breadcrumbs and unique navigation for each section.

4) Snippets

Do you have a commonly used script that you have to go searching for every few moments? Do you think you created a cool trick that you would like to repeat again. Use a snippet. To access the snippets window, press Shift+F9 on your keyboard.

5) Commands

By using commands you can make complicated tasks easier. Take for example the creation of a Web Photo Album. Go to the Commands menu (at the top of the page) and select Web Photo Album. It will ask you some information and it will proceed to complete the job for you.
General Discussion / Which is your favorite mobile ...
Last post by harsa - December 09, 2009, 06:03:10 AM
Now there are a lot of mobile companies.Which would you think more better? The companies compete together to achieve more.They compete in the field of advertising also.If the advertisement is more attractive, the company will get more popularity.They always tried to show varieties in advertisements also.I think Nokia is the better one.It offers better customer service also.The customer satisfaction is the better point about a company.Share your opinions also.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk