Can we make this work again?

Started by LJS, February 11, 2005, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Ive a Motorola Model 60i flip phone TDMA SJJN5173A

my sisters old phone & she said i could use it. but its number is hers & i cant send or receive calls. Her new phone works of course.

the ppl activated her new erickson but the motorloa is still fine
but no connections.

can this be worked around for her to call me & i call her someway?

or what would be best to do here & still not add anymore to the bill?    

February 13, 2005, 05:48:45 PM #1 Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 05:50:36 PM by Tazinator
Im not a phone expert, but I believe that what your asking is extremely difficult to pull off if not possible entirely.

The phone you now have would need to have some sort of number for her to call, if not a number at the very least a connection ID from some network to allow communication to pass to it and it be identified.

As far as I know, one way or another your going to need to activate it on a phone plan unless you had an in with some carrier where someone would slide it on an existing plan as a type of ghost device where you share a number with someone else (like a party line where they all ring at once) which I dont believe happens anymore, again not sure. (watch the movie "I Got The Hookup" with Master P)

Again, I dont know cell phones or anything exceedingly well, so this is just speculation on my part. Could all be untrue, dont know.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk