Cricket cell phones

Started by danadane71, March 25, 2005, 01:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK I have cricket service I bought a phone off the street and they(cricket) said I can not switch service to it without paying the previous owners bill of $150.00  mind you I have service I pay for and just want to upgrade to the better phone. Is there a way to change service over to this other phone? with out going threw cricket they are both cricket phones one is a Audiovox camera phone and the other Kyocera rave.

oopps its a moterola not a keocera rave (the old phone)

cricket has got real strict about this but you could cloan the phone to someone elses or reprogram the phone info to make the service think it is a whole new phone

Im not familiar with Cricket or how they work the phones, but if they use SIM cards, should work fine just changing those out. Im betting that it isnt that easy tho. If you could change the IMEI of the one you purchased to the same of your old phone, perhaps that might work. Its all dependant on how Cricket's network is set up as far as what you would have to do.

Im not a phone guy so all this is speculation of course.

Again, not familiar with that carrier so im not sure the rules and regs they operate by. But legally, they cant force a bill on you that you didnt incur yourself. From what ive seen on the net, they look to be a prepaid no contract carrier and if they are that much of a hassle over it, may be time to look for another carrier.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

I don't think Cricket uses SIM cards... at least they didn't last time I checked...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk