Cellphone Internet Connection

Started by LordBrown, February 20, 2006, 10:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys :)total noob here.... here it goes....
I have two cellphones on a family plan which gives them unlimited minutes while calling each other.  Is there a way to have one of them connected to my laptop and the other connected to my computer or DSL\Wireless at home to gain internet access to my laptop?   Thanx... any info would be helpful :)

NO.  Well, anything's technically possible...but this isn't without more trouble than it's possibly worth.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thanx, if u could bring on the trouble thatd be cool ;)
Just to give myself an idea of what im getting myself into... im willing to spend a couple hundred bucks for whatever equipment ect. i may need

Equitment needed:

1 reconditioned wireless PCMCIA card
1 reconditioned wireless AP
total price:  $100

If you really want to do it over your cell phone for some reason (which will most likely be very slow) you'll need bluetooth enabled cell phones.  If they aren't blue-tooth enabled right now, it may not be possible to add it on.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yeah .. Ben is right .. To make life easy .. you will need blue tooth.

What make and model are the phones?

Let me get this right .. You want your laptop to dialup through one cell phone .. and a PC to dialup through the other cell phone?

We can get this done..  However .. enjoy your 16k connection .. haha
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

This is a bit off topic--but still relevant.  I found a cool article about a guy that made an AP out of his cell phone.  It's actually really cool and may "yield fruit," i.e. give us ideas about how to pull such a stunt off.

http://devices.natetrue.com/mobileap/

If we used a similar idea to broadcast to the other phone...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk