2 lines 1 phone?

Started by stargazer, July 29, 2006, 01:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey I'm new to this and I see you all have a wealth of information. So here goes, I have a LG 8100 with Verizon and I want to know if it's possible to have 2  phone numbers on one phone? O yeah, with two different accounts. I know this sounds far fetched but hey... ???  

I am not a phone guru but I'd think no. Of course, you can have multiple ip addresses point to the same machine (cannot for the life of me remember what it's called -- multihoming maybe.. can't really be sure) so maybe it could be possible (keyword could) for phones. But somehow I doubt the phone companies would really want (and allow) that in most cases.
"My Terminal is my Soul"

The truth is, you can do this, but I'm not sure if you can using your phone or verizon phones in general.  I know Nextel can, and all motorola phones.  Anyway, I've got one idea for you, I'm not sure if it's compatible with your phone though (I think it is).  It's called a ghost dual sim converter--it allows you to have two sim cards in one phone and it can be programmed to allow calls from both numbers.  Here's one that's supposed to work on all cell phones because it's completely "self contained," it fits in the battery compartment:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/dualsim/dualsimcovers.htm

Read up on this, I think it's what you're looking for.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

WOW,

Neat phone......

I just looked at this phone, I didn't do the math, to see the price in U.S., but it has a very hefty price tag as we say here!

I think I would stick to carrying two phones.           ;D

ItTechy

Wow--I just ran across an old cell phone in my used phone drawer that accepted four different phone numbers.  I used it for two.  One had to manually switch between the numbers, and only one number was active at a given time.  They had to be issued by the same carrier, but years ago (when cell phones were much more expensive) this was much cheaper than buying more than one phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk