Wireless-GSM-Spy-Device-SIM-Card-Surveillance

Started by Ray, January 14, 2009, 11:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I found one of these units at the local flea market for ten bucks. I did a little research on them on the net and found out they may not work in some areas. I have 2 working edgewireless cellphones and would like to use one of the phones sim card for this devise but i'm stumped on how to get it to work. I placed the simcard in the unit and called it but all i get is my answering message when called. I'm sure i have to disable it but don't know how.

I was just wondering if someone could lead me to more info on how to get this to work or not.

Here's some info i picked up from a site that was selling one:

ZRAD GSM SIM Audio Surveillance Spy Bug/ Spy Ear Smallest Ever! Features
***ZRAD GSM SIM Audio Surveillance Spy Bug/ Spy Ear Most Upgraded Version***
Vavolo proudly present you the most upgraded and latest version of SIM audio surveillance device. Features attractive, compact design, measuring only 4.5x3.25x1.5(LxWxH)cm, all contained function packed in a ultimate optimizing compartment, intended to provides any security audio surveillance solution without raising suspension.

The ZRAD SIM audio surveillance spy bug is intended for ultimate wireless covert audio surveillance. It is the latest upgraded version of the most popular W800, which is the most widely-use SIM spy bug of its time, and its kind. It has a more sensitive microphone system, a much smaller body outline. Offering better solution for facilitating complete covert audio surveillance with no time or distance limited.

Incorporates the latest wireless GSM SIM surveillance technology, embedded 4 condense microphones, capable of picking up sound 7 meters away. Just insert a valid SIM card into the SIM card slot, placing it at a inconspicuous location, no external software or configuration. Once SIM number had been called, spy bug will auto answer, able to transmit any conversations or sounds through GSM network secretly. It works with Tri-Band GSM network system at frequency 900/1800/1900.

How do i tell if my simcard is Tri-Band compatible?

The power is delivered by a built-in rechargeable Li-on battery that allows 2 hours of constant transmitting, and up to 240 hours (10 days) standby time on a full charge. With power adaptor providing uninterrupted power supply, enabling 24 hours non-stop audio surveillance anytime, anywhere. It is the ideal GSM SIM surveillance equipment you can't miss.

Features

* Super-sensitive audio surveillance. Most upgraded version of W800, R600, CY-008, CX-06 and GS-101
* GSM Operating Frequency: 900/ 1800/ 1900
* Embed sensitive 4 condense microphone
* 24 hour non-stop power supply
* All GSM SIM card compatible, but not 3G or CDMA SIM card.
* Microphone range (Meter): 5~7(Radius), 4 levels
* Receive sensitivity: -\+10K
* Super-slim design (Same size as a regular matchbox)
* Working temp: -40~50'C
* Responding frequency: 1.2K~800Khz
* Stand-by time: 7 days

Operating Procedure( Caution)

Do not insert the SIM into the slot in the wrong direction.
* Charging up the device, Red and Green LED lights ON. When the device is fully charged up, only Red LED lights ON
* Place the SIM card into the slot with the contact points facing downward
(according to the pictures indication)
* The flash of red light indicates the SIM card is correctly inserted. SIM spy will completed initialization and maintain in stand-by status
* Dial the SIM card number, you could hear the sound around the SIM card spy
* Please do not use it to engage any illegal activity

Thanks for any input
                                                Ray

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk