Recent posts

Cell Phones / theft
Last post by rushil - May 16, 2009, 03:28:24 PM
hey guys i m from india... can sm1 help me wid dis..??..
i was using n95 cell phone which has been stolen 2-3 days back..
can ne1 tell me how can i get back my cell..
Web Languages / Re: Need advice for web develo...
Last post by benthehutt - May 13, 2009, 11:31:19 PM
Could you be more specific about what particular things you'd like to do? Seam is pretty intense if you're just starting out, but it can do pretty much anything. There are probably easier solutions than this, however. I know, for instance, there are libraries to export as PDF. For viewing, you might try Macromedia FlashPaper (yes, it's still called Macromedia, even though everything else Flash is Adobe). It's cheap and easy to use.
Web Languages / Need advice for web developmen...
Last post by sparklink - May 10, 2009, 01:29:17 AM
Hai all!

i'm new in this forum and i need your advice. currently i'm having a project developing web application. the main feature is to show report and display user information. i want to use JBoss Seam as web framework because it supports pdf, excel, etc. i think it will suitable because the report needs to be downloaded and save it as pdf. am i use right framework? or maybe you can suggest any framework because it's my first time handling such a big project. any advice would be honored. Thank you very much!
Hardware Discussion / Re: What motherboard would go ...
Last post by benthehutt - May 08, 2009, 12:15:11 PM
Good lord! So you're loaded, right?

In my experience, there is not a ton of difference in the performance of different motherboards. That particular processor multiplier unlocked, which means it's pretty much made for overclocking, so I'd suggest going with a motherboard that supports overclocking. http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/phenom_ii_x3_720be/15.html has some tips on overclocking that processor from 2.8 to 3.7 Ghz--which is pretty sick, really.

This part of the review might be most helpful:

"I think the AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition is a great chip - and it is especially good for people who like to tinker and overclock, as with a cheap 780G based motherboard and DDR2 you can put together a nice fast overclocked system..."
Viruses / Re: Norton Antivirus?
Last post by benthehutt - May 08, 2009, 12:06:01 PM
It is most likely that yes, Norton is causing this. Pretty much any anti-virus you run will slow down your system, though I've had good experiences with McAfee and AVG (which is free). You might also want to see if it's set to run scans in the background.
PERL / Re: How to get local time usin...
Last post by benthehutt - May 08, 2009, 11:59:18 AM
The easiest way is to use gmtime, which returns Greenwich mean time, i.e. with no daylight savings. Then go to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ and select your nation. It will tell you the difference between your time and Greenwich mean time. You just add the correct amount of hours and you're good to go.
Hardware Discussion / What motherboard would go well...
Last post by pzqwpo - May 07, 2009, 08:36:33 PM
I am planning on getting a custom computer built (yeah I could try to build it myself, but my luck is not the greatest and I would probably screw something up anyway). I would like some help in figuring out what kind of motherboard I should get for a computer that has:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB

anything else I should also look into? Like powersupply?
Viruses / Norton Antivirus?
Last post by pzqwpo - May 07, 2009, 08:36:15 PM
Hi, I have Norton Antivirus installed on my laptop (Centrino duo and 2Gb RAM) and I noticed that when i installed it my laptop got really slow, takes ages to do anything. Is the Norton what is causing this? Should I get rid of it and get another antivirus? Which one?
PERL / How to get local time using PE...
Last post by pzqwpo - May 07, 2009, 08:35:02 PM
How to get local time using PERL while the server I am using is in a different time zone? For example, my local time is 9 am August 17th. But the server is in 9pm August 16th time zone. How do I write PERL code to get my local time?
Rants and Raves / Re: Windows 7 RC1
Last post by benthehutt - May 06, 2009, 11:22:05 AM
Oops, one more thing, window management is way easier. Now to maximize a window, I just have to drag it to the top of the screen and it maximizes it for me. If I drag it to the side of the screen, it maximizes it height-wise, but keeps the width a little less than half the screen. If I drag it to the middle, it windows it. Handy.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk