Security or Privacy ? You don't decide.. The gov't does..

Started by Metgod, November 27, 2002, 05:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lately there's been a lot of laws and ideas that have come about as the result of the Bush administration. I'm really sick of it to be honest. Bush is a fucking moron and he has no clue what he is doing... He's oblivious to his crap.. I won't get into other things (like Iraq) as it's way OT.. but what about security and privacy.....

America was originally created on the grounds that it would be a free country. Sure, not everything is free.. You can't do everything. BUT... the truth of the matter is, you are not supposed to be spied on. But, the Bush administration believes that if they spy phone convos, Internet transactions, change how the Internet works (hah), and even intrude on things like Credit card stuff.... that somehow, they will 'prevent' terrorism. Problem is, he doesnt even have a clue as to what terrorism is...

So what do you all feel... Is it more important for that security (that will never happen and we all know it) or for privacy ? I'm with privacy... Fuck Bush for thinking he can spy on everyone.. That is just wrong. Period. I really hope he gets voted out after his term is up.. Or better yet, thrown out of office.. Anyways.. my thoughts on that...

What do you all think ?

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

I'll have to bite the bullet on this one, I actually voted for Bush. But I have to say that I'm apalled at what this administration has done in the name of "Homeland Security" I keep waiting to hear that we all have to start saying Heil Bush. The new department sounds way to much like the Gestapo to me. I've honestly had to kick my own but for inadvertantly helping to cause this. Would it have been so bad without Sept. 11? I don't think so, but had I known what I do now I would definately have changed my vote. There is no good reason to abrogate the amount of personal freedom that is being curtailed by this new bill. The DMCA was bad enough, but when is it going to stop? Does anyone know if this law has a sunset clause, the Cyber Security Enhancement Act I mean? The part I find most worrisome is the ability of the fed's to eavesdrop and tap whoever they want without a court order, at least initially. It seems to me that this is a slippery slope to an Orwellian existense. Just my .02$.... :(
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

Well, its like i said, what does flying a plane into buildings have to do with cyber-security? Did Bin have sensitive information on the us by penetrating govenmental systems which were weak on the security side? I think not. This is something else. Like theres something behind all this. It seems there was something waiting in the background to pounce on this security band wagon, yet their going about it in a suspicious way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk