Interesting!

Started by Metgod, February 27, 2006, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 27, 2006, 08:15:22 PM Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:30:46 PM by Metgod
The following is a public announcement:

Very interesting indeed! And quite funny too ... You'd think a post as such below would be a bit more obscure. And you wanna know what the most ingenious (and ironic) thing about it, is ? HFX has been known to help _prevent_ counterfeits. We've also been known to frown upon bloody thievery and criminals. Btw, it usually looks a lot better if you study the language you'll be using! Here, let me show you all ...

in reply to:

User: SureDrops
IP: 62.240.34.67
Email: wireworld4us@yahoo.com

(No subject)    on: Sun 26 February 2006 at 07:00:58
Hi Dude,
Here is SureDrops aka CrackDeeBank ...will like to close sure deals with you provided you are the right person am seeking for. We could close mega deal and made it for life.......talkin about bank logins and breaking down swift code.....
pm me for a deal.......

--

English 101 (hopefully 101 isn't too high for you ? Apologies in advance if it is):

Try using _complete_ sentences. Coherency is also generally advised. And I can't forget spelling and proper usage of words; yes, it's generally a good idea to check your spelling when you're writing a proposal: "made" should be "make" in this case (although, it could be worded much better if you had used complete sentences).

Have fun,
Metty (the Grammar Goblin)
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Hehe!  I knew you'd have something to say about that--I got one too.  I'm impressed at you Metty, no cursing and the only thing you made fun of was his grammer.  What is this world coming to? (*Duck and cover*wide brimmed hats*) 8)
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

And his math! Don't forget his math! ;D (not that I'm great at math but at least I can count that far! haha)

It took me a bit of time to think of how to address it, and my first idea was satire, but I was too tired to come up with something clever (wit is very important to me), and so I decided I'd be the grammar goblin once again (it was something I was called regularly when I used to hang out on irc quite a lot).

I don't like irc anymore though, so haven't been called it in ages. But I do enjoy the name and it always makes me laugh. So that's the story behind that one. But it (as well as reading the dictionary) is always something I've enjoyed (probably too much). I'm a bit of an odd duck, but its worth it for when I do have to write professionally.

The most amusing time I used language skills, was when I defended a complete board by someone who came in and attacked them for their language (when her language was worse). She promptly shut up ;D

And of course, I always throw a little or more sarcasm in, since I am very sarcastic by nature :)

Anyway, enough rambling.

- Metty (the Odd Duck)
"My Terminal is my Soul"

And as far as me not swearing. Well it's true I do swear at people when they annoy me beyond belief, but I don't swear excessively (usually), and I figured this way was a lot more useful in getting the point across (as opposed to just telling him to piss off). Plus it was more fun this way.
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk