windows 98

Started by Zerored, July 26, 2003, 04:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
mmmm K...the parental unit has a win 98 box (that gets scanned quite often) and i need to know if theres anything i could do with it...offensively...say, if i had an ip addy. Now, most of the scanners out there dont allow you to connect to shares, unless im missing something..and also, i can use any of the net use commands like in NT, so, actually what tools are available for nine eight? And, no, i havent looked...maybe someone knows offhand. or maybe ill just answer my own question....but, what is it good fer?

Okay, fer instance, i gets this from that gfi languard security scanner...now remember, im runnin a win98 box...i mean...so im salivating...but from a win 98 box...again, what can one do...

Offensively? Or defensively?

As far as defense goes for 9x, almost any simple software based consumer firewall will usually do, like Norton Internet Security. You can set up your own rulesets, logging, etc., and it's pretty easy to configure. The main thing is not allowing the simple SMB type connections to that box.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for... let me know if it's not.
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

August 02, 2003, 11:33:08 PM #3 Last Edit: August 02, 2003, 11:34:01 PM by Zerored
Thanx neekser. But what about offensively? I cant use any net commands on this box, and 2, this is a fiddysixK. I guess i could find some text files and download some programs to do it for me...oh you and taz and anyone else who went to defcon sucks hard and i hate you and hope you burn in hell brighter that satan himself because this is like the 80th time i wanted to go but could not.

Advertisement:
Drink Hateraid!!!!!

Thank you! ;D

What exactly are you looking to do Offensively?

Give me a plan, I will give you a solution. . .
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

well, primarily connecting to their box...people still have that port open, and creating a personal share. See, alot of what i want to do i cant do in win nine eight. It seems extremely limited.
Anyway, i can do this with 2k, but have some difficulties via 98.

What you are saying is you want to automagically connect to admin shares on boxes that are being used as zombies to scan your parent's win98 box...

Uh, no. Go get a firewall (obsd, fbsd, closedbsd, mandrake firewall edition, etc.) and be happy...

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk