MS legal trouble

Started by Metgod, April 18, 2006, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4919990.stm

Thoughts ? Will post mine later if anyone is interested (i.e., comments), a bit occupied now.

"My Terminal is my Soul"

Well, I would share my thoughts, but evidently they aren't very good ones...

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!

(*bursts into tears and kills everyone in the room, then crawls
into a corner and cryes himself to sleep*) :'(
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Also, I means "cries," not "cryes."
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Oh come on benny, I thought you were just being all goth about it! :)
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

I hope that was sarcasm of some sort ...

If not I'll have to be very concerned for your sanity, Ben.

Please tell me: you are sane, right ?

*prays to the deranged gods for comfort*

I can take my insanity... but I'm not sure I could take yours in addition to mine.

Now then.. now that I'm a bit more comfortable...

what do you REALLY think of the article ?

I personally don't hate MS in full, but I certainly don't like some of their policies (like their policy on security awareness). How they could have gotten themselves into this trouble is beyond me... even if nothing comes of it....
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Oh, and don't worry about the wrong spelling of 'cries'. Many people can't spell properly ...

It's not so bad, Ben... honest. I swear it won't effect your life in full... you see, only one person knows me as the grammar/spelling goblin and it's no one here...

*quickly gobbles up something*
"My Terminal is my Soul"

I guess I've gotta side with MS on this one.  I mean, they really haven't price gouged or used their control over the world market to screw up anything.  They aren't even a monopoly really.  I mean, *nix is more places than windows is or ever will be (gizmos and gadgets and the like).  I think the charges are pretty lame, and I'm not sure how MS found themselves in that position in the first place...

I actually don't hate MS either, but I have to say that I do think it's kind of shady to start trying to circumvent the case in a bunch of other jurisdictions. I mean California and New York for a case that is strictly dealing with MS's business operations in the EU? I suppose it's nice that they have the option, but still... I think in the long term it would probably only help MS if they opened up parts of the code so that more people could develop add-ons for their OS, but hey what do I know. It just seems that with their personal computing market share most people would still be willing to pay and would only expand their use of MS's core products when they saw the variety of add-ons available for free.... Just my .02$
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk