Started by wilnix, April 07, 2002, 01:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This has got to be my favorite:

"What's the command for ping?" ~ Quickly fired consultant

Got a better one?

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

here's one someone asked me...

<^M_A_T_R_> Do you know the IRC for usenet?

that was a good one...
hehe
I have a lot of other ones too.. too many logs from IRC :)

"My Terminal is my Soul"

LOL...whats the command for ping...hehe

Yah... too many stories to tell about that one consultant that will described. I remember the same idiot trying to troubleshoot a problem with his stupid Coldfusion server. He couldn't get his video card to sync (prolly wasn't seated right) so it wouldn't boot. His resolution? Had another server built. Then he started installing his servers apps... and asked me about service pack 5.5 for NT... I was like what??? Not to mention the incident when he accused me of screwing up his configuration and digital signature certificate by disconnecting the phone line from his modem without shutting down the system first. That one made me laugh my ass off!!! Let me tell ya... I'm l3370 for being able to screw up his system by disconnecting a phone line!!! We disconnected him so we could fire him... He sure is a piece of work! Have tons of stories about that guy...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

This was a CONSULTANT??? someone you go to for...consulting??? Had a whole new server built on account of a video card??? Please tell me he doesnt get paid for this. This was an intern, right? Yeah, that makes me feel better...an intern. Man, and i thought i was dumb...and what did he need svc pack 5.5 for??? Uneek. Are you SURE he wasnt named McFly? You know, if this cat has a payin job in the IT field, the my future is VERY bright! :-\

You have to be careful with consultants. They don't have regular jobs for one of two reasons. Either they suck that bad, or they are that good. You really have to make sure which way it is before you give them money for a service.

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk