parallel

Started by benthehutt, April 12, 2005, 08:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you are having a hard time with this project, you should consider trying Cluster Knoppix - it is a live CD distibution, obviously based on Knoppix, that includes some OpenMosix software.

check out http://clusterknoppix.sw.be/

I've looked into that, but there's no point in doing it if I just have to slip a cd in the drive and start it.  I want to go through all the hastle of programming all the nitty gritty stuff.  I've not done much with it recently--work and whatnot.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

yeah, sure u got a point there  8)

i just dropped the idea in case u only wanted something fast, and get it working fast ;)

keep us up to date with your project, seems interesting ;)

Oh, totally--I just haven't had much time to mess with it lately.  I'm taking some pretty serious math classes and working quite a bit.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

oh, man - i just hate math! and the sad thing is that we have a lot of math in our university.. :/

Well, I'm a math major, so I (obviously) take quite a bit.  Mmmm....math...

I actually envy you ben. Discovering that you actually like math while you're still in the position to actually take classes. I only discovered that I actually liked math after I was done with my undergrad so I didn't have much time to take anything in grad school. Now I really wished I could have. There is so much cool analysis you can do with it. Ahhh Science (including math!)!
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

Not fond of mathmatics myself ;P

Ive still not found many uses in my life for needing to know the diameter of circle or anything in Trig or Algebra for that matter.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

i will agree with Taz, there is no point in that..

but life 's unfair ..  8)

Ha, it becomes even more useless once you finish calc 3.  But that's not the point--I love it cause it's there for my mind to indulge in.

you can train your mind with more interesting and practical things..

no need to worry about maths :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk