ALERT:Microsoft

Started by Zerored, December 29, 2002, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, metty youre gonna love this one. But Microsoft is freakin flat out crazy! We often hear about ole bill wanting to take over the world. How funny. Its a joke...or is it?

http://www.epic.org/privacy/consumer/microsoft/palladium.html

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20020627.html

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/1378731

Microsoft is out of their mind! Even though they really arent.
Heck, i wouldnt doubt they are/aleady have a way to monitor whose runnin burnt copies of thier software, or whose using it in the newer windows versions. Call me paranoid, but after readin that...

just plain sick...

I think it is time for ipv6. I think it is time for users to use unix. I think Bill Gates should retire now while he's ahead...or maybe just a head giver. I'm tired of M$ and it's problems. I will start searching for alternatives to ALL of the M$ based software I use and completely stop using Microsoft products on my clients. Maybe they should think about trying to make BETTER their products instead of making MORE products that don't work ... hell, maybe I'm just tired in general, but I've had about enough of Microsoft...Soon they'll be trying to introduce MS Routing Protocols and MS Routers and Layer 3 Switches....oh shit, I just gave them an idea...

Well, here's another idea...try certifying your MCSE+I Admins who know how to use your products, because anyone with point-and-click experience has more technical knowledge then those certifications prove to the world.

Losers. (I'm probably going to get hit over the head with an MCSE box set and be thrown into a river by a bunch of M$ employees)

Wilnix :P
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

I totally agree with you wil (where the heck have you been?-welcome back though! hehehe!) but they are crazy. Can you concieve of how much power they will have??? Sick fools...the sheer nerve of them!!

Microsoft has been spying on thier software users for years. Remember that whole Office Document ID scandal where each copy of Office 97 was placing a specific machine ID number in every office document created or opened on a persons machine for tracking purposes. They even got sued back with Windows 98 first came out because you couldnt use Windows Update unless you registered your copy of 98 with MS. They step over the line quite a bit in regards to privacy violation, but there is always people out there who keep them in check both private individuals and public agencies.

I was even told that at one point years back, Gates was in talks with the Federal Government in supplying them software for each agency, more specifically banking and finance software. How joyous would that have been, MS controlling the "gubment" financial issues.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

hahahaha.. really good post Will.. and what Taz is so true.. but I really am up too late.. so sleeping time.. will respond tomorrow.. or will try

also have some other stuff I want to post ...

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

I'm sticking with my Xerox Alto...MOO!

Wilnix

Well its true that MS is making us nuts but drastic switching is not possible at this moment of time as standardisation and global acceptance of other options are still questionable for some applications still(if not all) moreover that linux movement which had created hope for a better developing environment ,today itself is struggling ..Lots of linux distribution and no standardisation between them has put the movement on backfoot..Well therefore we will have to address this issue .. also it will not at all be a good idea of a market without MS afterall they are the one who made the penetration of the "box" within the household of a common-man who was able to use  it with his meagre knowledge of "clicking"..What we must oppose to is the unethical approach of MS which is not allwing to share the
market with other "players" by approaching foul means ..Also there must be room for competition alltogether so that the quality quotient is always on increase therfore right now what we can do is to encourage and propogate the use of alternatives and must press for standardisation of the available alternatives ..I have a linux group in my college which works as a platform for various activities and is spreadin g awareness among the novice...

use JDS (Java Desktop System) to ease your corporate pains...Based off of SuSE, it integrates well with M$ file sharing, documents, etc...

SPY ON THE BILL!!!

Wilnix

PS: With the switch to JDS, Sun offers a license (including SUPPORT) for 25 bucks a system!!! that includes Office also, and project, and visio clone...

kick butt....

Indeed. Have to agree w/ Will. Sun JDE works with a SuSE 8 series backend. Got my hands on a copy of it and yes its a damn solid dirt cheap desktop solution. That pooled in with StarOffice 7 for its low price and its XML compatibility, you gots yourself a workgroup network for peanuts. There actually not a whole lot of learining curve for basic users either.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

bill needs to settle down and accept his last place in the os market

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk