FireWall/AntiVirus

Started by mMATTs, November 30, 2004, 11:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i got a prob with my comps protection, it wont let me use any of the hacking progs I Dl...

it will delete it the second I try to unzip it, what do i do to the settings to allow it to be used?

help on this would be appreciated.  
btw, i use Panda, its a anti-everything protection  :)

I think Norton and most antivirus programs come with a "safelist" or whatever it is called. Basically it is a list that you can add to to prevent your AV from picking it up as a virus or harmful code of any sort.

It wouldn't be your firewall preventing you from opening it that would be just your AV. What AV software are you running and i can give you a better idea of how to stop that happening..
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

the AntiVirus i use is the one that came with panda.

Panda Platinum Internet Security

this what u need?

Never used that before.

Hrmm.. Well without looking myself i couldnt tell you.

Go to the : www.pandasoftware.com/ website and download the user guide. Have a look through that for a way to add the files or extensions you need to open to a safe list.

Shouldnt take you anymore than a few minutes.

If yer still stuck after reading the user guide then let me know and i will take a look.

Antivirus protection: Settings -->

Automatic antivirus protection: settings -->

Antivirus scan: Advanced settings -->

Hacker tool detector  :)

just had to unclick it, but I think this leaves me open FROM the hacker tools to.

thx for the help!! ;D

Hrmm .. that is a fucking funny option to have.. haha..

But! .. Who am i to argue. A safe list would be easier.. but if that is all that is available to you .. i would suggest that you only disable it for the time that you are using, ... whatever it is you are using.

Make sure you re-enable it..

a billion rooted systems can't be wrong

Panda is an up and comer in the AV industry. They are trying very hard to pick up the market share where Symantec and Mcafee have slacked on, namely Linux, Unix, etc.

I worked with them some when I was at Universal. They have pushy salespeople ;)
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk