Hacker Challenges, Learning for Newbies

Started by Syxx, February 09, 2003, 01:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone Have links to legal hacker wargames or challenges they have done, are currently doing, or like? I think alot of them can be a good learning experience for people that actually want to learn something, however not for people that will come back here and say "how do i pass level 2!?" within the first 5 minutes of trying on their own.

http://www.try2hack.nl is one I started doing a little bit ago when I was bored, it looks like mostly javascript stuff so far, its not really that hard, but it gave me the idea to post here for new people to try out. I know there are many similar sites online that people can post here also for new people to try out.

Here are links to a couple more that I have seen

http://www.slyfx.com/main.html

http://members.home.nl/pim/hackme/

Anyone else have links or comments, post them  ;D

i know jack about java anything...although it is a good idea. If i find some, ill ill tell, hehe, and prolly as how do i.....hehehe. Btw, IS there any good txt links on exploiting javascripts?

And syxx, i got to level 2 which was incredibly easy, but do they support (the wargames) typical t001z? scanners etc?

Level 2 is very easy also, it just forces you to think differently, I dont want to give it away for new people that might try, but do you think the javascript pass in the source has anything to do with the shockwave flash username and password boxes?  Might just be there to throw you off :P

These are good execises because they force people to think things through and maybe lean some new stuff about how things work at the same time  ;D

what if we built one? Anyone up for it?

wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

Might be interesting.. what's your ideas Will ?
"My Terminal is my Soul"

I was just thinking of something with a set amount of levels (like all the others). I would like to make a bit more realistic intead of <B>THE PASSWORD IS PASSWORD <B> in the source of a webpage. Something setup to handle common cgi issues, db flaws, etc to start out and then move into some more fun stuff....

I'm open for ideas and i'll supply the box if everyone is okay with this...

wilnix

speaking of that, do i still have access to your boxen ? I remember at one point we were gonna run an ircd on it but then you went ot OpenBSD and I never got access back. That was a long while back now. Hell, I don't even get to chat with you anymore...

Anyway, I'm up for this challenge on your box.. I mean I don't know if I'll do it personally (at least not now) but hey,  could be neat

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

That's been quite some time. I'm now on FreeBSD again and I dont think I added you back. Not because I didn't want to, I just plum forgot who all was given accounts.

wilnix

would love to see a prompt on your machine again if that's okay.. if not well I'll live..but would be nice. I don't know how you get your equipment but I wish I did as easy as you did, hehe..

"My Terminal is my Soul"

wow. that would be cool..it would be a really cool learning experience.

I've worked on and created several wargames, and have my share of challenges. But the one that I perticularly enjoy is the G33k Challenges. www.osix.net

Fun shit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk