Integrated video boost

Started by Duglas D, September 10, 2006, 05:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
   Hi all! I have a socket AM 2 motherboard with GeForce 6150 integrated video. Does anybody know any settings to get maximum performance?

What make is the motherboard though?
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

Ouch, integrated video...
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

With integrated video, you're sharing the bus with your main system memory, and that's gonna take memory bandwidth.  If you absolutely, positively can't afford a $5 video card, like this GeForce4 card, then you can do a few things.

Well, first get the fastest memory your MB can handle, and tweak to just under failing overclocking.  This is supply side.

Demand side, you can lower demand by going to a slower bit rate - 16bpp instead of 24 or 32, lower res, lower refresh rate.

The "memory window" is how much of the system memory the video card gets to pretend it has.  remember, this will get filled in the absolute worst way possible under a microsoft OS, and there is NO advantage over having that memory filled rather than any other piece of core.  so set it as low as the games you play can handle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk