All Users, PLEASE READ !

Started by Metgod, July 04, 2002, 08:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay folks. LISTEN UP. I think it's time for a little common sense and decency in topics.

I will NOT, *NOT* let this forum turn into Excite bull shit.

From now on, please follow these guidelines when posting:

1. NO advertising for topics outside of HFX, security, networking, programming, operating
systems, etc. It will NOT be tolerated. As you can see, The Franchise's post was removed. This
also implies non advertising posts that nevertheless have nothing to do with HFX or the other
topics mentioned. First time people will be warned and the post will be removed in a few days. There is no
second warning. You do this twice and you will be banned. PERIOD.

2. No, and I do mean *NO* threatening posts. This includes written attacks of the admins,
or respected members (one being Zerored, for instance). Other members who have done
nothing wrong and are legitimately here may not be attacked either. Everyone, if you are attacked
or threatened or something similar by anyone, tell ME IMMEDIATELY. This is so people can't
do it in private and get away from it. So kiddies, don't try to hide it. It won't work.
You will be given one warning. After that, you will be banned. PERIOD.
There is ONE exception: deserving flames. For instance, flaming the idiot who tried to get
access to HFX's server. Or someone who asks about how to Nuke a computer... or how
to harm their ex's computer.. or many other possibilities.

3. If you are asking a question, give as much info as possible. Answer every possible
question that we may ask in helping you. Give the os, the problem, your proposed solution,
and EVERYTHING else. If you do this, it won't frustrate us much and we'll both be happier
in getting the solution that is most appropriate. This isn't an offense, more so just a tip.
I can't stand when I see a question that has no information that is needed to answer it.
Do you really want the answer or not ?

4. Uhm... this shouldn't need to be said but... NO excessive CAPS, or excessive colors --
ugly (yello), or otherwise. Alternating colors on post is annoying too. Oh..
If you even think to alternate caps and lowercase or use elite speak you won't last long..
Any of this will be an instant ban. One more thing.. EXCESSIVE means throughout post
for a number of posts (this only applies to caps -- colors, alternating caps,, and elite speak is an
instant ban ..)

5. Be professional and polite (they go hand to hand, don't they ?) Act like an adult, not some
dumb kid. Cause problems, act like an asshole, abusing your access here, being an idiot, you
will be banned. This also includes no huge signatures. We don't care about your entire company or
what not. Really, all that may be needed is an email address, handle or name, perhaps a quote
like I do. That's it. Nothing else.

6.  Going back to excite days.. We are ANTI-Raule_Krip. What this means is if you even think about
doing acts in the name of HFX .. no matter what it is and we find out.. You will be banned instantly.
Especially if it's destructive. You may not, *NOT*, *NOT* use our name. We own it. So don't steal it.

It's kind of like this. Similar rules to mailing lists, and usenet, and irc channels.

Okay, I'm sorry for those who behave properly and really don't need to read this, but I think it
needs to be said. I know rules can be a drag but some are needed to keep some amount of order....
Oh, everyone's comments are more than welcome. Oh, and I'm free to add to this any damn time
I feel like it. So if I think of something else, I will post it.
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Quote from: Metgod on July 04, 2002, 08:33:18 PM
As you can see, The Franchise's post was removed.
man i said sorry

and I said it's ok. I was just using it as an example. No hard feelings. Maybe
I was out of line when making this post.. Hrm.. something to think about.

I guess what I was trying to get across is that we want relevant topics, and
politeness and maturity.. that is all. I didn't mean to upset you. I apologize.

So for those who read it in the future if I don't remove it and repost, just try
to be relevant and mature about everything :)

.... I remain ....

- Metty
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Daaaang...be afraid, be very afraid. People who decide to post should read the rules first. Its such a let down to see off topic stuff. Dont be sorry, i do think the posting rules are on this site somewhere. If individuals take the time to read what HFX is all about, then this wouldnt be a problem.***If you build it, they will come...good and bad.

***gives metty a hug and a  ;D***

Well, just a little food for thought... I agree with the spamming and advertising... however, much of what the staff posts here is sometimes offtopic... sometimes a little leniency is deserved depending on the circumstances...

just my $0.025...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

ive been busy for a bit here so i missed stuff, but someone actually advertised on this thing?
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

yep.. someone was advertising about some off topic forum.. way off topic
at that.. I deleted it though....
"My Terminal is my Soul"

There needs to be more advertisement of the site, the group, the events and anything else we are into...otherwise we are doomed when it comes time for the HFXcon, if that isn't doomed already.

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

well the idea was that the advertisement was completely OT.
Oh well, I honestly think everything I said makes perfect sense..
professional,  polite, no spam, no excessive caps.... blah blah
"My Terminal is my Soul"

How about that software?

I'll make an automatic computer fart program...

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

I know this is a late reply on this issue, but I believe that most of these rules are pointed out in the disclaimer upon setting up an account on this board, and for those of you who wish to violate any of these regs, we will kill the account and ban you.

Generally I give 1 warning and second time its toast as everyone deserves one chance to hang themselves, however, in regards to advertisements, there will be no warning. You want to post ads, go rent a billboard off some highway somewhere, this isnt the place.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk