ISP help

Started by Black_LINUx, August 28, 2004, 04:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can an ISP see were you have being browsing, do they keep cache of the sites you have vistered.
If you had to phone them and ask were you have being browsing can they tell you. ???
Thanks

Depends on the ISP and what they log, but I've found that most ISP's are required to log Net activity, especially with the influx of cyber attacks going around.
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

I believe there are portions of the Patriot Act that require ISP's to log some stuff, but not everything. Not 100% sure on this. Some ISP's dont, I know I have Charter Communications and they do a good job of protecting thier clients. They are in court with the RIAA because they wont hand over names and addresses of people caught in the whole MP3 scandal. ;)

There are legal clauses in monitoring in that way, so im sure if you review the TOS for your ISP, it will state somewhere in there if and what they log. That or if you signed a contract like most DSL services make you do (friggin SBC and Earthlink), then it may state it there. But I believe legally they need to have it documented somewhere if and what they log. Unless its something covered under federal or state laws.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk