Know of any good films on hacking?

Started by CRiTiCAL_ErrOr, September 26, 2004, 12:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
first off, i stumbled upon this site and i must say.... two thumbs up! Very nice and clean looking!!!  ;D It is now a favorite! Secondly, I'll never get hard core into hacking like you guys, but I LOVE technology! so i read about it alot, I get the usual 2600 magazines and enjoy them alot....here is the thing, I am a huge movie nut, does anyone know of any solid documentaries (like Unauthorized Access) or films in general about hacking or the hacker community? I look forward to browsing your site but i'm tired.....so it will have to wait.

Cool, thanx for the thumbs up ;)

We are working on getting new servers up and then a redesign of the main site soon hopefully.

Anyhow, for your question, yes there are things out there.

Ive seen some good hour long documentaries on the subject, mostly dealing with the history of hacking on Discovery and TLC. I think they sell copies of the shows in DVD form on thier site.

Underground "Indie" stuff is out there, cons are the best place to pick those types of things up. I know DC this year there were quite a few. Plus you can get most Cons on DVD format these days now too. Tho DC has turned into a Fedfest these days, not so many worthwhile speakers this year.

Not sure the names of any but I know some are out there. Id definitely check the conventions.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk