Hey Forum

Started by Phlux, February 23, 2005, 05:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It is really sad about Dean, but without his non-stop questions I would have never found this website when doing research on telnet hacking.

Nonetheless, I am happy to be the newest member here and hope we can discuss much knowledge on this misunderstood "hobby" or as I like to call it "The Pursuit of The Beyond".

Dean, I am not exactly sure how old you are; but if you wanted to get into hacking so bad you'd understand it isn't about destruction, much like phreaking isn't about tearing up the system...it's about going where you "don't belong"..it's exciting so why destroy something you can explore?

I am not a hacker; but I have been learning for 4 years on and off now! I knew this was not going to be a fast process, if it was i'd be - for some reason :) - a straight A student; applied AND accepted at Harvard, but that isn't the case.

My reason for these many years of wanting to get into hacking was voyeurism...finding out what people are up to...originally to find out if people said things behind my back, to see if somone had a crush on me - for rather selfish things. I started using trojans, basically a lamens tool that anyone can use. I stopped using those programs because I was not sure if it was the right thing - since the server you were connecting to was called "The Victim:". I really wasn't sure if that was against hacking ethics, even though I wasn't participating in any destruction or erasing somones entire harddrive.

I have much to learn and hopefully I can get a few pointers and talk to some people that share equal interests.

I like programming in visual basic 6, I want to learn C. I am not the best programmer, but I download alot of source code to see how things work. I am always looking for tutorials especially for the winsock control. My favorite quote would have to be "Dream It, Code It, Execute It". That quote alone just represents what programming is about, endless possibilities.

Okay, I think I have said enough and if you actually made it down this far then I thank you for taking interest in a newbie with interests.

This most might also sound like a runon sentence, that is due to the current time of 5:30am. Goodnight!

Welcome to the board.

Glad some others understand what I was saying.. in my ever so sarcastic way (trying to change that a bit though -- it's gotten really bad).

Anyway, feel free to ask questions and answer others. As for C, good choice I think. Really a neat language.

Oh and one more thing.. you're going to bed at 5:30 ? Damn... and I get up half an hour earlier in the morning..

Ah well..

Welcome to the board!

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk