Damn Libraries

Started by chrismc, June 15, 2005, 04:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
look i tend to go to the library alot and go on there computers but they have this stupid surfcontrol and it stops me from accessing the sites i wish to view like webmessenger i just wannt to try and tone the security settings down to access the sites ive tried the ip adress and the oct decimal things like that and they dont work. Now i can access the security settings through the tools but i cant change anything because i need the administrative authorisation. The library uses pharos signup vx2 for the logon. So if anyone can help me bypass pharos as a admin or help me beat surfcontrol that would help me alot  ;D ;D ;D

Dont think the logon is going to help you bro. Surfcontrol is a server based product generally run off a proxy server. My guess is if the admin at that library is even half competent, they have everyone going through that proxy, despite the logon used. If not everyone, at the very least the publicly availible machines. No logon is going to help you there.
"A well known hacker is a good hacker, an unknown hacker is a great hacker..."

I don't care what your parents told you, you aren't special.
  • https://github.com/tazinator

Although, some idiots actually try to set the proxy settings in the web browser (thinking that no one will be smart enough to check there). You could possibly bypass the proxy and go straight out of the internet if this is the case, but I havent seen anything this dumb for awhile.

Good luck -

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk