Need help from being spam listed

Started by jeeweb, April 29, 2006, 05:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi
I have a web site that provides online services to members.  

The web server sends out over 10000 emails every day to thousands of members who have opted in to receive email notifications and updates.  Emails are sent only those members who have willingly selected in their control panel to receive email notifications.  Each member who has opted in to receive notifications of updates to their accounts receives anywhere from 1-10 emails in a day.  I believe this is not considered as spam as we only send emails to members who have asked us to.

I have lately observed and members have been complaining that any email from my web site ends up in the Bulk Mail / Junk Mail folder in Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.  I am not sure why this is happening, I believe so that may be my domain has been black listed or such owing to the volume of around 10000 emails sent out every day

Can someone advice on what should I do so that this does not happen.

Any help or advice on this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

April 29, 2006, 11:13:52 AM #1 Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:14:33 AM by Metgod
Tell them not to use those providers.

A lot of companies that send out lots of mail end up having their mail in bulk/spam mail. And sometimes it could be their configuration in their webmail account. Of course there is the chance you've been blacklisted, but I somehow doubt it if you are indeed legit (it does happen but not very often at least from what I've seen).

The only other thing I can think of is if you're using certain words/phrases... that trigger the spam killer. And those are far from perfect anyway (I personally dislike them).

So you either have to find out why from the provider what triggers it (and I should hope they don't tell people!) or you have to deal with it. Hell, even some mails normal abiding netizens have sent that aren't in bulk can be triggered as spam..

"My Terminal is my Soul"

email formatting has a lot to do with the filters picking up the email as spam. Might want to check into that...
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

www.smsauhind.pri.ee/euroviking.htm
find out and you can win jackpot with viking lotto
here is statistic for this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk