games

Started by Metgod, January 23, 2003, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
just starting up something new here..

to those who post here..

what is your view on games - from the past and now ?
what are your favorites all time, and of the past and now ?
what do you enjoy, then and now ?
what kind of games ? adventure, rpgs, fighting, others ?
console or pc ?

personally, I loved video games in the past.

I remember playing Breakout, Surround, even Pitfall on the Atari console. Oh those were fun. I miss them. Surround is probably my favorite of all the ones I played on Atari.

I loved arcades (anyone play Pacman on an arcade machine ? hehe) and probably still do.

I loved games on the NES such as the first Mario Brothers, the Ninja Gaiden series (one of my all time favorites for sure).
I loved the original Zelda games (specifically the two that were on the NES and in golden cartridges), which is also one of my all-time favorites.

sega there was sonic and some other fun games.

SNES there were a few games including F-Zero which I really liked.

playstation is okay -- I liked games like Twisted Metal but can't think of others off the top of my head.

PC is different. I loved DOOM and Rise of the Triad (ROTT), Wolfenstein 3D and others, but quake I dislike. I know others here like Quake though.

To me, today it is more about realistic graphics. I think the fun factor was lost there. I'd play Ninja Gaiden, the original Zelda, Pitfall or Surround and others on the atari, over the games of today.

Others see it differently and enjoy different kinds of games than me. Which is what this post is about.. what is everyone else's position ?

As of now I only play text adventures.

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

where the hell di ya fina a pacman arcade game, havent seen one of those in years, miss that stupid game. i usualy play rpg, for modern games  tho i like metroid and supermetroid from the snes and nes systems, sega never really played it current game as far as fps is serious sam the second encounter, very reminicent of doom, shoot shoot more shoot again if it still moves it needs to be shot again, xbox and ps 2 are ok either im just really picky or the modern games have forgotten waht gaming is about, tho my last rpg yas eq wich i can thankfully say sucks out loud now all the decent player have quit and the game is filled with roxors and soxors yo! nuff said there. there are a few mmorpg's im waiting on atm tho still in beta they loop promising.

the pacman arcade.. it was years ago. In a donut shop actually, back when I lived in LA, as opposed to just out of it.

I totally agree, the meaning of games in many possible ways is really gone. It just is not the same anymore.

I sure had fun back then.. personally, I like adventures.. though I liked many others, including puzzle or strategy type games. It is quite sad that time is often a bad thing.

Metroid was fun yes..

there were a lot of fun games then, but I am not impressed with todays games.. sad but true..

anyone else have opinions there ? or what they like ?

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

This dosent really have anything to do with this thread. Butttt!!!.. Just to let you guys know. Legion is back on the scene and is into his game development and programming etc etc..

PC and not sure what console format he is developing under. Or looking to develope under.
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

awesome

what is his current project ? :)

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

Not sure mate.. Must ask him when i see him next

I sadly use my Dreamcast as an oldschool 8-bit Nintendo, Its nice having almost every Nintendo game on a single CDR, I can't remember the last time I actually put a Dreamcast game in it. It was so nice of Sega to make it run on WindowsCE, left lots of nice options open for hax0ring it and creating all sorts of bootable burned games and emulators. ;D

hmmm...ninja gaiden one and two are up there for me. Revenge of Shinobi (sega genesis). For rpgs, i gotta go with advanced dungeons and dragons, goldbox champions of krynn, dark queen of krynn and death knights of krynn. pacard bell 386 yallz. Gateway to the savage frontieer, and treasures of the savage frontieer. I didnt even have the sound working so i had to play the game silent. But with bleeps. And...all behold, the greatest nba game on a console ever, Lakers Vs. Celtics. To this day i still think thats the greatest game ever. It put ea sports on the map. Action...devil may cry, onimusha warlords. I heard unreal 2k3 was dope, haven tried it yet.

I still have my "Pong" console... Damn I feel old!
*** Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine. ***

pong console You rule :)

Uneek, I have one of those still aswell. One of the first models that came out.. Will never get rid of it!

oh yeah...grand theft auto VICE CITY...just...dope...breathtaking..

I'm sorry, just got to through in a vote for Civ III and all the strategy type games! Hero's of Might and Magic III as well! Cheers.... Although I always will love Breakout and Black Tiger (arcade) as well! Actually my first decent program was a Breakout/Arcanoid clone written in Turbo Pascal.....
Godaigo
All's fair in Love and Brewing.

I love the game "Hide the Bone"  but I have problems when playing if i play "Finish off the 5th" before  hand.  ;D
As for computer games... I play UT or UTk3 every now and then.  But only when my boy isn't here.  (he gets so freaken' crazy when he watches me play UT)
When he is around I play StarCraft.  (he likes the little purple dogies, (zerglings))

PS. I also like rpg's, while i play "Hide the Bone"   :P

hey yall. Now, i just got unreal tournament 2003, and man, if you have a good graphics card, that is the best visual pc game i think ive ever seen!! The graphics are totally amazing. Seriously, if you want to view some good eye candy, you have got to check it out! (i BOUGHT IT)- a shot to idiots who think everyone in the "digital underground" use warez all the time...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk