Telnet Hacking....Need HELP!!!

Started by New1, March 27, 2004, 02:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey i would really like some help on hacking w/ telnet. I'm kinda new to this so any info would be helpful. You can e-mail me if u want

Thanks for the help

niles

Telnet would really only be used for logging into shell accounts on various types of systems. So in that respect it would only be useful for brute force attacks, Banner grabbing and other rediculously pointless tasks.

Your best bet would be to get yourself a small installation of a unix varient or perhaps a shell account on someone elses system. Buy yourself a shitty second hand PC that will take a unix install, set VMware up on your windows box or get a shell.

Either way i can't tell ya not to root any systems, but i would advise to play it cool. Don't be another aimless script/exe monkey out there. Take your time to understand what is going on and enjoy it man. Here are some links for ya

www.freeBSD.org - Solid unix system
www.fedora.us - not so solid linux system, but fun!
www.insecure.org - Good security scanner and mailing lists
www.securityfocus.com - Vulnerabilities Database
www.microsoft.com - You will be suprised what info you can get off this site for windows systems. (useful)
www.netcraft.net - This is just fantastic :)

Sorry can't be arsed to type more. But do some searches on google for documents and books. If you don't understand something search for it and read up on it. No point in bypassing it and never know what it does.

Anyway i am finished ranting...

C.
I am not suffering with insanity... I am loving every minute of it.

Telnet sends traffic through the network "in the clear" and any sniffer will pickup your traffic and use it against you. Work your efforts on something else unless you have a specific need for telnet...

Wilnix
alt email address: wilnix@hackphreak.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk