HELP!!!

Started by the_devils_cousin, April 16, 2004, 06:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sup Homies,

I need some major help with this C++ thing i gotta do. Creating a 9x9 grid using only text characters, I have to use it to simulate the random wanderings of a child (represented by a star) lost in a shopping center. The user must input the number of times the child has to move, and once the program is finished, it has 2 display the vertical and horisontal displacement (in grid squares) from the starting point. The child cannot move outside the grid, and the program MUST run slow enough to be seen easily.

I am totally clueless in C++  ??? and cud use a LOT of help. PLEASE!!

Homies ? Ehm.. ok, right. If you say so.

1. (Try to) pay more attention in class.
2. (Try to) read the text. Oh wait, we're talking about schools.. the masters of fraud .. and students.. the masters of .... ehm.. never mind !
3. Experiment ! If you can't experiment, you won't learn a programming language enough to do much. It just doesn't work.
4. Don't have a compiler at home ? go find a free one or buy one (and for the deaf, I did _not_ say steal !!)

5. If all else fails, put the computer in a box (preferably the one it came in) and dump it on the closest bay of water.

Finally, this actually did give some  points  you should follow. Read and experiment. If you don't you wont' get anywhere. BTW, the grid you need to draw can be done simply with a for loop and some characters you decide to use (look at that keyboard.. I sure hope that is not your problem ? God I hope not.. ) -- which I just made a post about a couple minutes ago.

I'd apolgoize for the sarcasm but.. well.. I'm really not in the mood for an apology / I accept your apology session with someone I don't even know !

Met
"My Terminal is my Soul"

This would call creating a 2 dimensional array. Very similar to working with Sandorf Cypher. Where in you must create a 2 dimensional array to simulate movements of a paper with holes in it. Not extremely difficult, but if you don't understand even simple input-output you may have some problems. Look up the sandorf cypher on google, there's alot of useful information on there.

And finally C > C++.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk