MS delays Vista release

Started by Metgod, March 22, 2006, 02:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Dont really have time to comment now, but maybe later.

Thoughts ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4831374.stm
"My Terminal is my Soul"

This seems like a good thing to me.  In fact I thank Microsoft for delaying the release.  Then they won't hurry it and cut corners to get it out for Christmas and hopefully they'll take their time and do it right.  Though, I'm probably the only one on the board really looking forward to Vista...
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

If their launching the corporate version in November but delaying the consumer version for security reasons, then what is the big problem with the consumer version? Is there much of a difference with it?

This could be an oppertunity for Novell and Redhat to launch trial versions of their corporate OS's for that period. Say "we will give you our OS for free for 3 months prior to Vista's launch, so you can see do you prefer it to a windows system".

Who knows. I guess the corporate version is more like 'server' and the other is 'client', hence different kind of features. Not sure if that's accurate, but I'd guess that based on the other versions of windows (win2k professional versus server).

I think it might be good that they're doing this though, but then you never know. If they use the same core that windows is using, then I doubt it'll be very secure and as stable as it _could_ be. Maybe speculation, but windows has so many layers of patches, I'd think it'd be ridiculously hard to fix without rewriting ... I don't code for Windows though, so who knows.

But I will say this: It's good intentions.. I just have a fear execution won't be the best. And from what I've heard, it doesn't look as promising as I would like.

Ah well... we shall see.

Oh and Ben.. I am looking forward to it as well, in some ways.

And funny message by your name. me = you++

On a side note, I still say C > C++ (at least for looks and overhead, but that's me). But as a certain member of my family says, I dislike new things.
"My Terminal is my Soul"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk